Any remarks or complaints about our services?


Publication date


> Contact BIPT

complaints-logoBIPT attaches great importance to the quality of its service provision.

However, if you have any comments or complaints, you can address them to BIPT's complaints coordinator. He will treat your message with care and attention and send you the appropriate answer. He will also try to prevent similar complaints from recurring and act accordingly in order to improve BIPT's functioning. 

  • A complaint cannot replace an appeal procedure planned within a legal framework under any circumstance.
  • The administrative or judicial litigation does not fall within the competence of the complaints coordinator.

Download document (PDF 0.1 Mb)

How to submit a complaint?

  • By email at, following the form template available on the website;
  • In writing (the form is available at BIPT's reception desk (Bd. du Roi Albert II, 35 - 1030 Brussels);
  • By post (BIPT, Complaints coordinator, Bd. du Roi Albert II, 35 - 1030 Brussels).

Your complaint must comply with the following criteria:

  • Your complaint must be justified and you must show personal interest;
  • It must mention your name and address and, preferably, your email address. Anonymous complaints will not be investigated;
  • Your complaint must concern a service provided by BIPT. If not, it will, as far as possible, be transmitted to the administration concerned. 

Our guarantees:

  • All complaints will be received and handled with attention, efficiency and courtesy;
  • You complaint will be handled confidentially, in line with the legal and regulatory provisions regarding privacy protection;
  • An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to you within five working days and your complaint will be transmitted to the service concerned, who will consider your remark. A reasoned response will be sent to you within 40 calendar days. 


Separate procedure for complaints regarding BIPT's criminal investigation officers

You can file a complaint with Committee P if that complaint regards the general functioning of BIPT's officials in their capacity of criminal investigation officers:


You are not satisfied with the answer?

In that event, you have the possibility to submit a complaint with the federal Ombudsman: